Need some extra help?
You can join the PSR, if your household includes:
- someone who is of pensionable age
- someone under the age of 5
- someone who is living with a chronic medical condition or is disabled
- any other specific needs such as sight or hearing impairments
Why join the register?
- We will provide information about what to do in the event of a power cut
- If we need to interrupt your electricity supply for any reason we will provide advice and information about what to expect during the power cut
- If you are affected by an unplanned power cut, we will keep you informed of when we expect power to be restored
- You can chose your own password so you know our engineers are genuine
- You can ask your supplier to send their bill to anyone who has agreed to receive it (for example a family member or carer)
If you or your nominated representative would like to register, you can do so by:
- Calling us on 0845 260 1630
- Writing to us at – 12 Sketty Close, Brackmills Ind. Est, Northampton, NN4 7PL
- Contacting your energy supplier who will pass your details on to us
For further information about the Priority Service Register, please contact us and we will provide this free of charge.
Staying safe on your doorstep
Before you let anyone into your home you need to know they are who they say they are.
When one of our engineers arrives at your door they will always show you their identification card, you should check that the photo on the card is the same as the person on your doorstep.
We will do our best to tell you in advance that someone is coming to visit, but that's not always possible – power cuts and other critical work may lead them to your door unannounced. However, our engineers do not head off to work without their identification card, so they will always show it to you. If you want to check that this is not a bogus caller, please feel free to give us a call on 01506 405405.
Our engineers will not be offended if you close the door and call to us to check they are who they claim to be. They are happy to wait on the doorstep until you are happy to let them in.
If you arrange an appointment with us through your gas supplier, passwords registered against your Priority Services Register (PSR) information will be shared with us, so that our engineers can use this.
You do not need to be registered on the PSR to provide a password directly with us if you like to feel more secure, we can, free of charge, agree a password with you when we make an appointment for our engineers to visit so you can be confident to let them in.